Physician & Surgeon (IM/FP) - Advanced Complex Care Physician
Headquarters - Elk Grove
California Correctional Health Care Services
- Physicians providing care within one of our designated institutions receive an additional 15% Stipend ($45,360 - $62,760 Time-Limited Board Certified; $43,092 - $59,640 Lifetime Board Certified; $40,824 - $56,496 Pre-Board Certified)
California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) is seeking a physician with a desire to help shape and enhance the delivery of medical care to clinically complex patients within the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitations’ (CDCR) correctional institutions. In addition to a CA medical license, you must possess an X-Waiver (or ability to attain within 14 days of hire).
Under the general direction of the Deputy Medical Executive for the Complex Patient Populations, you will:
- Serve as a clinical subject matter expert that develops and updates evidence-based guidelines and tools, continues medical education activities, and clinical policies and procedures related to providing care to patients with complex needs
- Develop programs designed to identify, treat, and monitor complex patient populations
- Support statewide quality improvement activities including developing clinical toolkits and educating institution-based providers in utilizing the toolkits to provide value-based patient care
- Serve as a clinical consultant on projects and perform clinical practice and mortality reviews as needed
- Travel to CDCR correctional institutions throughout California
CCHCS also offers a competitive compensation package, including:
- 40-hour workweek – affords you true work-life balance
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- Relocation assistance for those new to State of California service
- Robust 401(k) and 457 retirement plans (tax defer up to $45,000 - $60,000 per year)
- Paid CME, with paid time off to attend – allows you to control more of your time and money
- Dedicated assistance with H-1B, J-1 Waiver, and TN visa sponsorship
- Comprehensive malpractice insurance coverage
- And much more
This distinctive opportunity is based at CCHCS’ comfortable and modern campus-style headquarters office in Elk Grove, located approximately 15 miles south of Sacramento.
Take the first step in joining our team and submit your CV to CentralizedHiringUnit@cdcr.ca.gov.
or reload the browser