Physician & Surgeon (IM/FP)
Chuckawalla Valley State Prison - Blythe
California Correctional Health Care Services
Physician & Surgeon (IM/FP)
$302,424 - $317,556 annual (Time-Limited Board Certified)
$287,268 - $301,656 annual (Lifetime Board Certified)
$272,184 - $285,804 annual (Pre-Board Certified)
- Physicians providing care at select institutions receive an additional 15% pay ($45,360 - $62,760 Time-Limited Board Certified; $43,092 - $59,640 Lifetime Board Certified; $40,824 - $56,496 Pre-Board Certified)
California Correctional Health Care Services is elevating both the field of correctional medicine as well as the careers of physicians, like you, dedicated to providing quality primary care. Whatever your professional interest, we can help you continue to hone your skills in public health, disease management and education, addiction medicine and so much more.
We currently have opportunities at Chuckawalla Valley State Prison (CVSP), located in Blythe. This friendly desert community is an outdoor recreational wonderland, with access to almost 95 miles of navigable water for boating, fishing, and water skiing and 350 days of sunshine to enjoy golfing, tennis, and hiking. The upscale enclaves of La Quinta, Palm Desert, and Palm Springs make an attractive home base for many of CVSP’s physicians and their families.
Here, in a supportive and collaborative environment, you will:
- Enjoy a practical patient panel
- Deliver basic primary care to our diverse patient population
- Provide education to patients related to chronic disease management
CCHCS offers a competitive compensation package, including:
- 40-hour workweek
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- Relocation assistance for those new to State of California service
- Robust 401(k) and 457(b) savings plans (tax defer up to $45,000 - $60,000 per year)
- Paid CME, with paid time off to attend
- Dedicated assistance with visa sponsorship
- Comprehensive malpractice insurance coverage
- And much more
Submit your CV to CentralizedHiringUnit@cdcr.ca.gov or call (877) 793-4473 for more information.
Candidates new to CCHCS are required to submit to a background investigation process utilizing Live Scan Fingerprinting, and Tuberculosis (TB) testing prior to appointment followed by department annual TB testing/evaluation thereafter.
Please review the appropriate bulletin/assessment on the Bulletin Page for the Minimum Qualifications and, if qualified, complete the Assessment according to the instructions.
How To Apply: You may apply for this position by clicking “Apply Now” on the top or bottom of this page."CCHCS uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. For more information about E-Verify, please go to www.e-verify.gov”.