Chief Executive Officer, Health Care (Safety)
Centinela State Prison - Imperial
California Correctional Health Care Services
Full Time Limited Term
Then consider this executive opportunity with California Correctional Health Care Services.
Pursuant to the Public Health Orders (https://bit.ly/3r4Sis6) and https://bit.ly/3H82cid) issued by the California Department of Public Health and the directive https://bit.ly/3KPVzn1 issued by the Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation (CDCR), all staff assigned to this post/position may be required to show evidence of full vaccination and booster for COVID-19, absent an approved reasonable medical or religious accommodation precluding them from vaccination.Masks must be worn in accordance with local requirements, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) requirements, and directive (https://bit.ly/3IIJrCx) issued by CDCR.
· Modern management concepts in a complex multidisciplinary health care
· Laws, rules, regulations, and standards pertaining to health care
administration in a correctional setting
· Fiscal management practices
· Principles, practices, and trends of organizational leadership
· Cost and data management systems associated with patient care and
evaluation of health care delivery systems
· Communicate effectively
· Plan, organize, direct, and evaluate health care and administrative services to
meet treatment needs within an institution setting
· Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those
contacted in the course of the work
· Evaluate information and make recommendations based upon data from
management or automated systems
· Create and develop collaborative teams
· Motivate staff to accomplish common goals
· Prepare clear, concise, and comprehensive reports
· Effectively develop and implement strategies to accomplish program missions
· Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
· Paid Holidays
· Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
· State Safety Retirement
· 401(k) and 457(b) available: tax defer up to $35,000 a year
For more information on benefits, please click here.
To learn about the Minimum Requirements for this position, please read the Exam Bulletin.
You may apply for this position by clicking the "Apply Now" button at the top of the page.
Appointments to these positions are limited-term (at will) for the first two years, with a possibility of becoming permanent, followed by a one-year probationary period.
The challenges of our work are tremendous. But the rewards of making such a significant difference in people’s lives are even more impressive. We provide competitive compensation as well as the superior California State Employee benefits and retirement package.