Physician & Surgeon (IM/FP) - HQ Special Populations
Headquarters - Elk Grove
California Correctional Health Care Services
$281,640 - $295,740 annual (Lifetime Board Certified)
$266,844 - $280,200 annual (Pre-Board Certified)
- Evaluate and co-manage patients in special populations, including prescribing and administering medical treatments; ordering and interpreting diagnostic studies; providing preventative medicine, appropriate specialty referrals, and education and counseling to patients
- Communicate, advise, and work with primary care providers and other clinicians and specialists in ongoing management of this patient population
- Instruct and clinically supervise registered nurses, licensed vocational nurses, and other clinical staff in medical protocols
- Participate in peer review, population management projects and quality improvement programs and processes as related to HIV, HCV, and HBV care
- Travel to CDCR correctional institutions throughout California
In return for your efforts, we offer a competitive compensation package, including:
- 40-hour workweek
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- State of California retirement that vests in 5 years (visit www.CalPERS.ca.gov for retirement formulas)
- Robust 401(k) and 457 savings plans (tax defer up to $41,000 - $54,000 per year)
- Paid Insurance, license, and DEA renewal
- Visa sponsorship opportunities
- Relocation assistance for those new to state service
- And much more
This distinctive opportunity is based at CCHCS’ comfortable and modern campus-style headquarters office in Elk Grove, located approximately 15 miles south of Sacramento.
Take the first step in joining our team and submit your CV to CentralizedHiringUnit@cdcr.ca.gov or contact us at (877) 793-4473.
CCHCS uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. For more information about E-Verify, please go to www.e-verify.gov".
or reload the browser