Physician & Surgeon - HQ Complex Patient Populations
Headquarters - Elk Grove
California Correctional Health Care Services
$287,268 - $301,656 annual (Lifetime Board Certified)
$272,184 - $258,804 annual (Pre-Board Certified)
- Serve as a clinical subject matter expert that develops and updates evidence-based guidelines and tools, continues medical education activities, and clinical policies and procedures related to providing care to patients with complex needs
- Develop programs designed to identify, treat, and monitor complex patient populations
- Support statewide quality improvement activities including developing clinical toolkits and educating institution-based providers in utilizing the toolkits to provide value-based patient care
- Serve as a clinical consultant on projects and perform clinical practice and mortality reviews as needed
- Travel to CDCR correctional institutions throughout California
In return for your efforts, we offer a competitive compensation package, including:
- 40-hour workweek
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- State of California retirement that vests in 5 years (visit www.CalPERS.ca.gov for retirement formulas)
- Robust 401(k) and 457 savings plans (tax defer up to $41,000 - $54,000 per year)
- Paid Insurance, license, and DEA renewal
- Visa sponsorship opportunities
- Relocation assistance for those new to state service
- And much more
This distinctive opportunity is based at CCHCS’ comfortable and modern campus-style headquarters office in Elk Grove, located approximately 15 miles south of Sacramento.
Pursuant to the Public Health Orders (Guidance for the Use of Face Coverings and State and Local Correctional Facilities and Detention Centers Health Care Worker Vaccination Requirement) issued by the California Department of Public Health and the directive Mandatory COVID‑19 Vaccines and Testing for Institution Staff issued by the Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation (CDCR), all staff assigned to this post/position may be required to show evidence of full vaccination and booster for COVID-19, absent an approved reasonable medical or religious accommodation precluding them from vaccination.
Take the first step in joining our team and submit your CV to CentralizedHiringUnit@cdcr.ca.gov or contact us at (877) 793-4473.
CCHCS uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. For more information about E-Verify, please go to www.e-verify.gov".
or reload the browser