Physician & Surgeon (IM/FP)
$282,216 - $296,328 annual (Time-Limited Board Certified)
$268,080 - $281,496 annual (Lifetime Board Certified)
$253,992 - $266,700 annual (Pre-Board Certified)
Are you looking to practice medicine and maintain a positive work-life balance? A career with California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) allows you to focus on providing quality care without the burdens of managing insurance paperwork or maintaining a private practice.
We currently have opportunities at Centinela State Prison located just south of Imperial County’s desert community of El Centro. With an array of metropolitan conveniences, natural attractions, and recreational activities, this is the ideal place to enjoy the work/life balance you’ll find with CCHCS.
Here, in a supportive and collaborative environment, you will:
- Enjoy a practical patient panel (approximately 10 – 12 patients per day)
- Deliver basic primary care to our diverse patient population
- Provide education to patients related to chronic disease management
CCHCS also offers a competitive compensation package, including:
- 40-hour workweek – affords you true work-life balance
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- Relocation assistance for those new to State of California service
- 401(k) and 457 retirement plans (tax defer up to $38,000 - $50,000 per year)
- Paid CME, with paid time off to attend – allows you to control more of your time and money
- Dedicated assistance with H-1B, J-1 Waiver, and TN visa sponsorship
- Comprehensive malpractice insurance coverage
- And much more
Take the first step in joining this outstanding multidisciplinary team and contact Danny Richardson at 916-691-3155 or email your CV to CentralizedHiringUnit@cdcr.ca.gov.
"CCHCS uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. For more information about E-Verify, please go to www.e-verify.gov."