Staff Psychiatrist-Psychiatric Inpatient Program (PIP)
$266,844 - $320,640 (Board Certified)
$260,004 - $311,592 (Board Eligible)
California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) is seeking proactive, knowledgeable psychiatrists with an interest in correctional and/or forensic psychiatry to join our multidisciplinary teams. Within the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation’s adult correctional facilities, you will find like-minded professionals committed to providing optimal care, promoting patients’ successful reintegration into society, and reducing recidivism and well-versed in the intricate psychiatric and medical interplay necessary to treat our diverse patient population. Here, you will develop treatment plans for cases you won’t encounter in any other practice. And with the support of our dedicated medical assistants, you’ll be able to devote your time to practicing and honing advanced psychopharmacological skills. During the COVID-19 state of emergency, the Mental Health Program will offer Telework options which will be provided based on operational availability. In addition, hiring interviews will be available virtually using teleconferencing or video conferencing options.
California Correctional Health Care Services is seeking proactive, knowledgeable psychiatrists with an interest in correctional and/or forensic psychiatry to join our Psychiatric Inpatient Program (PIP). Within the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation’s adult correctional facilities, you will find like-minded professionals well-versed in the intricate psychiatric and medical interplay necessary to treat our diverse patient population.
Within the PIP, you will:
- Perform psychiatric evaluation for assigned in-patients in the Acute Psychiatric Program and/or Intermediate Treatment Program units
- Write orders for admission, transfer, discharge, medications, restraints, seclusion, and suicide precautions
- Provide individual and group psychotherapy
- Collaborate and consult with medical staff and other members of the multidisciplinary team
- Participate in the compensated on-call rotation program and morning rounds
We offer a competitive compensation package, including:
- 40-hour workweek with flexible schedules
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- State of California pension that vests in five years
- 401(k) and 457(b) options – tax defer up to $35k per year
- Paid insurance, license, and DEA renewal
- Visa sponsorship opportunities
- CME annual stipend of $1,000 with paid time off to attend
- $10,000 Thank You Bonus to professionals newly hired with the State of California
- Relocation assistance for those new to State of California service
We currently have opportunities at Salinas Valley State Prison, located in Monterey County’s Soledad. You’ll have access to all of the activities, history, and cultural events of Monterey, Big Sur, and Carmel-by-the-Sea. Plus, with the positive work/life balance you’ll find with CCHCS, you’ll be able to enjoy them!
Take the first step in joining one of our outstanding mental health teams and contact Hasanah Melochick at (916) 691-0727 or send your CV to CentralizedHiringUnit@cdcr.ca.gov.
"CCHCS uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. For more information about E-Verify, please go to www.e-verify.gov”.