$82,680 - $105,168 Annual Range (Licensed)
$76,860 - $98,064 Annual Range (Non-licensed)
Do you have a keen professional interest in addiction medicine and substance use treatment? California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) is seeking California-licensed clinical social workers to join our Integrated Substance Use Disorder Treatment Program. This newly-created statewide program is designed to provide integrated, specialized care to patients with a history of substance use who require additional medical assistance. ISUDT staff are committed to providing optimal care, promoting patients’ successful reintegration into society, and reducing recidivism.
We currently have opportunities at California City Correctional Facility, located in Kern County’s California City. Home to nature reserves, golf courses, and a favorite destination for off-road vehicles, this desert location and the surrounding communities of Tehachapi, Lancaster, and Bakersfield offer an understated lifestyle and the ideal location for the beginnings of many outdoor adventures. Plus, with the positive work-life balance you’ll find with CCHCS, you’ll be able to enjoy them all!
Within this program and under the general direction of the Supervising Psychiatric Social Worker I, you will:
- Provide screening and assessment for substance use disorders to determine treatment needs and level of care
- Develop comprehensive treatment plans
- Coordinate with the Primary Care Team to provide quality care
- Provide short-term counseling intervention to address client needs surrounding substance use disorders
To thrive in this position, you must be:
- Knowledgeable in substance use disorder assessment and treatment
- Skilled in the area of motivational interviewing
- Knowledgeable in the area of trauma-informed care
In return for your efforts, CCHCS offers a competitive benefits package, including:
- 40-hour workweek
- State of California retirement that vests in 5 years – visit CalPERS.ca.gov for retirement formulas
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plan options
- Free on-site CEUs
- Generous paid time off, including 11 holidays per year
- 401(k) and 457 retirement options
- And much more
Please review the appropriate bulletin/assessment on the Bulletin Page for the Minimum Qualifications and, if qualified, complete the Assessment according to the instructions.