Physician & Surgeon (IM/FP)
$282,216 - $296,328 annual (Time-Limited Board Certified)
$268,080 - $281,496 annual (Lifetime Board Certified)
$253,992 - $266,700 annual (Pre-Board Certified)
Are you looking to practice medicine and maintain a positive work-life balance? A career with California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) allows you to focus on providing quality care without the burdens of managing insurance paperwork or maintaining a private practice.
We currently have opportunities at California Men’s Colony, a dynamic facility located near the coastal community of San Luis Obispo. Home to Cal Poly, one of California’s premier technical universities, this friendly town has a relaxed culture with charming wineries, a thriving arts scene, and artisanal microbreweries. Here, you’ll have access to a wide variety of outdoor activities, including hiking or biking the Seven Sisters Mountains, sailing along the coast, and golfing on your choice of coastal or lakefront courses.
Here, in a supportive and collaborative environment, you will:
- Enjoy a practical patient panel (approximately 10 – 12 patients per day)
- Deliver basic primary care to our diverse patient population
- Provide education to patients related to chronic disease management
CCHCS also offers a competitive compensation package, including:
- 40-hour workweek – affords you true work-life balance
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- Relocation assistance for those new to State of California service
- 401(k) and 457 retirement plans (tax defer up to $38,000 - $50,000 per year)
- Paid CME, with paid time off to attend – allows you to control more of your time and money
- Dedicated assistance with H-1B, J-1 Waiver, and TN visa sponsorship
- Comprehensive malpractice insurance coverage
- And much more
Take the first step in joining this outstanding multidisciplinary team and contact Starla Currin at
916-691-5869 or email your CV to CentralizedHiringUnit@cdcr.ca.gov.
"CCHCS uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. For more information about E-Verify, please go to www.e-verify.gov”.
Effective July 1, 2020, in response to the economic crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Personal Leave Program 2020 (PLP 2020) was implemented. PLP 2020 requires that each full-time employee receive a 9.23 percent reduction in pay in exchange for 16 hours PLP 2020 leave credits monthly through June 2022.