Physician & Surgeon (IM/FP)-Psychiatric Inpatient Program
$324,540 - $340,776 annual (Time-Limited Board Certified)
$308,292 - $323,712 annual (Lifetime Board Certified)
$292,080 - $306,696 annual (Pre-Board Certified)
Are you looking to practice medicine and maintain a positive work-life balance? A career with California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) allows you to focus on providing quality care without the burdens of managing insurance paperwork or maintaining a private practice. In conjunction with our dedicated psychiatrists, you will deliver primary care to the patient population within the Psychiatric Inpatient Program.
We currently have opportunities at Salinas Valley State Prison, located in Monterey County’s Soledad. Here, you’ll have access to all of the activities, history, and cultural events of Monterey, Big Sur, and Carmel-by-the-Sea. Plus, with the positive work-life balance you’ll find with CCHCS, you’ll be able to enjoy them all.
Here, in a supportive and collaborative environment, you will:
- Enjoy a practical patient panel (approximately 10 – 12 patients per day)
- Deliver basic primary care to our diverse patient population
- Provide education to patients related to chronic disease management
CCHCS also offers a competitive compensation package, including:
- 40-hour workweek – affords you true work-life balance
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- Relocation assistance for those new to State of California service
- 401(k) and 457 retirement plans (tax defer up to $38,000 - $50,000 per year)
- Paid CME, with paid time off to attend – allows you to control more of your time and money
- Dedicated assistance with H-1B, J-1 Waiver, and TN visa sponsorship
- Comprehensive malpractice insurance coverage
- And much more
Take the first step in joining this outstanding multidisciplinary team and contact Starla Currin at 916-691-6578 or email your CV to CentralizedHiringUnit@cdcr.ca.gov.
"CCHCS uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. For more information about E-Verify, please go to www.e-verify.gov
Effective July 1, 2020, in response to the economic crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Personal Leave Program 2020 (PLP 2020) was implemented. PLP 2020 requires that each full-time employee receive a 9.23 percent reduction in pay in exchange for 16 hours PLP 2020 leave credits monthly through June 2022.