Physician & Surgeon (IM/FP)
$282,216 - $296,328 annual (Time-Limited Board Certified)
$268,080 - $281,496 annual (Lifetime Board Certified)
$253,992 - $266,700 annual (Pre-Board Certified)
Are you looking to practice medicine and maintain a positive work-life balance? A career with California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) allows you to focus on providing quality care without the burdens of managing insurance paperwork or maintaining a private practice.
We currently have opportunities at High Desert State Prison, located in the friendly community of Susanville. Nestled in the picturesque foothills of Northeastern California, this is the ideal area for hiking, fishing, camping, and other activities. It’s no wonder Susanville was recognized as one of the top places to live in the United States by Outdoor Life.
Here, in a supportive and collaborative environment, you will:
- Enjoy a practical patient panel (approximately 10 – 12 patients per day)
- Deliver basic primary care to our diverse patient population
- Provide education to patients related to chronic disease management
CCHCS also offers a competitive compensation package, including:
- 40-hour workweek – affords you true work-life balance
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- Relocation assistance for those new to State of California service
- 401(k) and 457 retirement plans (tax defer up to $38,000 - $50,000 per year)
- Paid CME, with paid time off to attend – allows you to control more of your time and money
- Dedicated assistance with H-1B, J-1 Waiver, and TN visa sponsorship
- Comprehensive malpractice insurance coverage
- And much more
"CCHCS uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. For more information about E-Verify, please go to www.e-verify.gov”.