|Physician – Substance Use Disorder Treatment Program Do you have a keen professional interest in addiction medicine and substance abuse treatment? California Correctional Health Care Services is seeking Internal Medicine/Family Practice physicians to join this newly-created program dedicated to providing specialized care to patients with a history of substance abuse who require additional medical assistance. Duties include, but are not limited to:
$282,216 - $296,328 annual (Time-Limited Board Certified)
$268,080 - $281,496 annual (Lifetime Board Certified)
- Direct patient care, including assessments and evaluations
- Diagnostic testing and interpretation
- Prescribing and monitoring medication
- Managing co-morbidities
The ideal candidate will have
- Significant recent experience treating addictions (at least 3 years in the last 5 years)
- Possession of an X waiver on DEA license
- Addiction medicine specialty/certification (desirable)
In return for your efforts, CCHCS provides a competitive compensation package, including:
- 40-hour workweek – affords you true work-life balance
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- Relocation assistance for those new to State of California service
- 401(k) and 457 retirement plans (tax defer up to $38,000 - $50,000 per year)
- Paid CME, with paid time off to attend – allows you to control more of your time and money
- Dedicated assistance with H-1B, J-1 Waiver, and TN visa sponsorship
- Comprehensive malpractice insurance coverage
- And much more
This distinctive opportunity is currently based in our Rancho Cucamonga offices, but will eventually be relocated to our Santa Ana offices. No matter which location or where you choose to live, you’ll have access to world-class shopping, restaurants, professional sports, and performing arts. Additionally, the perfect climate will allow for plenty of time at beaches, parks, and other outdoor activities.
Take the first step in joining this innovative program and contact us today!
Danny Richardson, Recruiter (916) 691-3155 or email CentralizedHiringUnit@cdcr.ca.gov.