Staff Psychiatrist-Psychiatric In-Patient Program (PIP)
California Health Care Facility - Stockton
California Correctional Health Care Services
- Appreciation Bonus of up to $35,000 for clinicians newly hired with the State of CA
- Clinicians providing care within one of our Psychiatric Inpatient Units receive an additional 15% Stipend ($42,888 - $51,540 Board Certified; $41,796 - $50,088 Board Eligible)
California Correctional Health Care Services is seeking compassionate, knowledgeable psychiatrists to join our multidisciplinary mental health teams. Within the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation’s adult correctional facilities, you can make a true impact on an underserved population and build a rewarding career surrounded by like-minded colleagues in a diverse, stimulating clinical environment.
We currently have opportunities at the California Health Care Facility (CHCF), a unique facility whose mission is to care for patients with the most severe and long-term needs. Located in Stockton 45 miles east of Sacramento, CHCF is also accessible from many Sacramento area communities, including family-friendly Elk Grove.
In return for your efforts, we offer true career balance with all of the stability and benefits found in employment with the State of California:
- 40-hour workweek with flexible schedules (affords you true work-life balance)
- State of CA Retirement (pension) that vests in five years (visit www.CalPERS.ca.gov for retirement formulas)
- Robust 401(k) and 457(b) retirement plans (tax defer up to $41,000 - $54,000 per year)
- Paid insurance, license, and DEA renewal
- Dedicated assistance with H-1B, J-1 Waiver, and TN visa sponsorship
- Paid CME, with paid time off to attend (allows you to control more of your time and money)
- Relocation assistance for those new to State of CA service
Take the first step and email your CV to CentralizedHiringUnit@cdcr.ca.gov.
Pursuant to the Public Health Order (State and Local Correctional Facilities and Detention Centers Health Care Worker Vaccination Requirement) issued by the California Department of Public Health and the directive (Mandatory COVID‑19 Vaccines and Testing for Institution Staff) issued by the Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation (CDCR), all staff assigned to all staff assigned to this institution are required to show evidence of full vaccination for COVID-19, absent an approved reasonable medical or religious accommodation precluding them from vaccination. In addition, employees regularly assigned to work in the health care areas or posts within this assigned institution shall provide evidence of full vaccination for COVID-19, absent an approved reasonable medical or religious accommodation precluding them from vaccination.
"CCHCS uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. For more information about E-Verify, please go to www.e-verify.gov."