Physician & Surgeon (IM/FP)
$340,968 - $358,032 annual (Time-Limited Board Certified)
$323,892 - $340,104 annual (Lifetime Board Certified)
$306,876 - $322,236 annual (Pre-Board Certified)
Are you looking to practice medicine and maintain a positive work-life balance? A career with California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) allows you to focus on providing quality care without the burdens of managing insurance paperwork or maintaining a private practice.
We currently have opportunities at Salinas Valley State Prison, located in Monterey County’s Soledad. Here, you’ll have access to all of the activities, history, and cultural events of Monterey, Big Sur, and Carmel-by-the-Sea. Plus, with the positive work-life balance you’ll find with CCHCS, you’ll be able to enjoy them all.
Here, in a supportive and collaborative environment, you will:
CCHCS offers a competitive compensation package, including:
- Enjoy a practical patient panel (approximately 10 – 12 patients per day)
- Deliver basic primary care to our diverse patient population
- Provide education to patients related to chronic disease management
- 40-hour workweek (affords you true work-life balance)
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- State of California retirement that vests in 5 years (visit CalPERS.ca.gov for retirement formulas)
- Robust 401(k) and 457 savings plans (tax defer up to $41,000 - $54,000 per year)
- Paid Insurance, license, and DEA renewal
- Paid CME, with paid time off to attend
- Visa sponsorship opportunities
- Relocation assistance for those new to state service
- And much more
The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) issued an Order on August 19, 2021 which requires workers working in a healthcare setting at all local and state correctional facilities and detention centers be vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, all workers identified under the CDPH Order are required to either be vaccinated or submit a medical or religious accommodation. While working through either of these interactive processes, staff shall wear an N95 mask and test twice-weekly (with at least 72 hours between each test) until they comply with the August 19, 2021 CDPH Order.
Take the first step in joining this outstanding multidisciplinary team and contact Debora Kim, Hiring Analyst at (916) 691-1546 or CentralizedHiringUnit@cdcr.ca.gov.
"CCHCS uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. For more information about E-Verify, please go to www.e-verify.gov”.